Sunday, March 20, 2011

Soap photos!

Here are a some of the soaps I made yesterday. Good clean fun - right? LOL! I made more bars with crushed lavender buds, scented with anise and lavender and tinted a light blue (with a little bit of sparkle mica added), but I can't get a decent photograph of them because my camera just doesn't know what to focus on.

This is goats milk and aloe with ground oatmeal. The scent is wonderful - oatmeal, milk and honey. Soft and sweet, but not cloying. I made two bars with soap left from the loaf below.










Goats milk and clear glycerine with ground oatmeal added. I did a 2-color pour around the inclusions, and I love the way it turned out. I scented with oatmeal, milk and honey fragrance oil, but in hindsight I should have used an orange/vanilla scent to match the orange sherbet look.
These are foot-scrub soaps. The tan bar has raw sugar added, the white rectangular bar has white sugar added and the oval massage bar has sea salt. I'm having these bars "tested" for effectiveness, so I didn't include fragrances. But for foot bars, I'll probably scent with peppermint or eucalyptus or maybe tea tree or bamboo. Personally, I don't think the salt bar is going to work very well. I always wash my hands with any leftover bits, and this one doesn't lather very much. It's really for exfoliating, though, so we'll see what everyone thinks.

And lest anyone is worried about organizing being pushed aside for crafting, there's plenty of that going on this weekend, too. Bags of stuff to donate or throw away, craft supplies to share with friends and plenty to keep, although not as much of that as there was. I have found that I CAN get rid of yarn! LOL!

1 comment:

Initial Charms said...

I would be very interested in your soaps as they sound really amazing...so do you sell them also somewhere in a shop like etsy?